Yes, the Received Pronunciation (RP) trainer will teach you the complete sounds of Received Pronunciation. It will ALSO teach you to hear those sounds using minimal pairs within RP and also between RP and General American, but it's not necessary for you to be extremely familiar with General American in order to benefit from those minimal pairs. They'll just be yet another source of sounds to hear and test yourself with.
Articles in this section
- I can't get my trainer to work in Anki.
- What is the intent of the last set of cards in the trainers?
- What's the best way to integrate pronunciation practice using a Fluent Forever pronunciation trainer?
- What's the best way to find and record minimal pairs for a language without pronunciation trainers, like Khmer?
- If I'm not a native English speaker, can I use the pronunciation trainers?
- Should I continue to focus solely on my pronunciation and then move onto my words?
- Which version of the pronunciation trainer should I purchase?
- Why is my deck only populated with 28 cards?
- What do I do when I'm forgetting older cards?
- If I follow the one lesson per day schedule, how long will it take to finish?