Multi Search Macro in Firefox - problems

I have been using the multi search macro with Firefox for the last 18 months. But it has stopped working today on both my mac and PC. Anyone else had issues or got any ideas?

* Originally posted by Andrew 4.

Didn't find what you were looking for?

New post
Was this post helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful

Comments

7 comments

  • Just tested it, mine is working fine. How are you linking to it? I have mine set as the homepage for Firefox since I don't use Firefox for anything but that it just makes it easier for me. I use Chrome for all else. Also I'm on a Win10 Pro PC.

    * Originally posted by LetsPlayThisBro.
    0
  • Thank you for your help. On reflection it seems to have started when I upgraded to Firefox version 52.0

    * Originally posted by Andrew 4.
    0
  • When I just opened Firefox it did update itself. Might want to reboot your PC or at least shut down Firefox and re-open it to see if that "resets" it I guess. Just a thought.

    * Originally posted by LetsPlayThisBro.
    0
  • Thank you for the suggestion; really appreciated I have closed Firefox, restarted my PC and Mac; reloaded the macro. All to no avail. It works sometimes but then wont work again. Guess I will have to find a workaround.


    * Originally posted by Andrew 4.
    0
  • I have the problem with firefox too, can not get it works properly. The only remedy now is Instant Multi Search add-on on Chrome (not handy like the Macro but still a good alternative). Try it.

    * Originally posted by nmv1911.
    0
  • Thank you for your thoughts about Chrome. I have however found out that the link https://fluent-forever.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/russian_multisearch.html still works on my mac.

    * Originally posted by Andrew 4.
    0
  • Hi Andrew 4: I've never had problems with the Chrome multi-search app for Mac. Furthermore, it's dead easy to modify. Just double-click the script, which opens it in AppleScript editor. Then find you own favourite sites and paste in the details by just following the syntax that's there already. Then File > Export to "Application" and put it in the Dock. Adapt in an obvious fashion for languages that aren't explicitly supported in FF.


    * Originally posted by Lance.
    0

Please sign in to leave a comment.