What is Fluent Forever?
A language-learning company developed by Gabriel Wyner, an opera singer who needed to learn multiple languages quickly and retain them forever. Fluent Forever's products have evolved from pronunciation trainers into a bestselling book and now into the most crowdfunded smartphone app in history.
How does Fluent Forever work?
Fluent Forever's method is based on the principles of personalized flashcard creation and spaced repetition, extremely powerful learning tools that optimize your brain’s memory abilities. For more, check out our Method page.
What is the Four Step Method?
First, you train your ears with pronunciation lessons. Next, you learn the most frequently used words in your target language. Then, you'll learn grammar naturally through stories. Finally, you'll practice your speech with native tutors. For more, check out our Method page.
How much does it cost to use Fluent Forever?
It depends! To learn with our book, visit our Book page for pricing by format. To learn with our legacy tools, visit our Shop page for pricing by product. To learn with our smartphone app, visit our App page for subscription pricing ($9.99/mo, discounted long-term plans available).
Learn the language of your dreams and never forget it with our revolutionary new app.
Language Learning with the Fluent Forever App
- Which languages are available in the Fluent Forever App?
- How can I submit an idea for a sentence/phrase/question I'd like to see available in the Fluent Forever app?
- How does the app teach grammar? Are there specific grammar lessons?
- Can I use a custom keyboard (Hebrew, Cree, Arabic, etc.) with the app?
- Can I add videos to my flashcards?
- Can I combine my language classes with the Fluent Forever App?
- See all 14 articles
How Does the Fluent Forever App Work?
- How do I use the app on a day by day basis?
- Why does the review section say I need to create cards?
- What are the daily and bonus goals, and how do I make progress with them?
- How can I achieve my daily goal of creating/learning "x" amount of cards?
- Are pronunciation videos in the beta, and how do I view them?
- Can I use the app to learn the genders along with my nouns?
- See all 15 articles
What About Anki?
The Fluent Forever App Subscription FAQs
- How do I cancel during the free trial period?
- Why I am charged 14 days after I subscribed?
- Why do I see a message in the app that I need to get a subscription if I already have one?
- How do I request a refund for my subscription?
- How do I cancel my Fluent Forever app subscription?
- What are the differences between the single language and multiple language pledges and the retail subscriptions?
- See all 13 articles
The Fluent Forever App FAQs
- What is the Fluent Forever app cancellation policy?
- Temporary Guide: How do I redeem a coupon code for a free month(s)?
- How do I redeem a coupon code?
- Where can I change my payment method and billing address?
- Where can I see my subscription/account information?
- Why am I not receiving my password reset emails?
- See all 8 articles
Increase pledge, create portal account, give gift subscription, add second user or language...
- How to get my book that comes with my pledge if I live outside of the U.S?
- Bookshout FAQ
- How do I make an account on the Portal (https://fluent-forever.app/)?
- When will the gift and family codes be available?
- How do I add a second language and more app access to my pledge?
- Do I need a subscription to use a pronunciation trainer?
- See all 9 articles
Information on products, ordering, and accessing your materials.
Product, Ordering, and Access FAQs
- Where can I find the resources mentioned in the Fluent Forever Audiobook?
- Do you have plans to make more pronunciation trainers?
- Can I learn a language with the pronunciation trainer alone?
- How do I add the products I ordered to my online user account?
- Can I share my trainer with my husband/wife/kids?
- How many products are there for each language?
- See all 9 articles
You've mastered the sounds and learned the words, now you are onto grammar.
Learning Grammar FAQs
- How do you get the gist of something without translation or a word of English in a flashcard?
- I'm an intermediate learner, how do I improve my grammar?
- How can I learn phrasal verbs?
- How do I best learn verb conjugations?
- Learning the difference between verbs that require à or de after them
- Do you have any tips for learning verb tenses?
- See all 9 articles
Answers and thoughts about language learning in general.
- How to join the exclusive Fluent Forever Language Learning Community
- Why is the IPA symbol of a minimal pair sometimes the same in both instances, while the sound is different?
- What do you mean by fluency?
- How should I incorporate a tutor into my language learning?
- How long does it take to get through the pronunciation trainer?
- What should I do if I'm traveling abroad soon and don't know the language?
- See all 28 articles
Answers to language specific questions we have received.
Language Specific Support
Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin)
Anki FAQs and How To Guides
Fluent Forever Pronunciation Trainers - FAQs
- Why can't I get my trainer to work in Anki?
- What is the intent of the last set of cards in the trainers?
- What's the best way to integrate pronunciation practice using a Fluent Forever pronunciation trainer?
- What's the best way to find and record minimal pairs for a language without pronunciation trainers, like Khmer?
- If I'm not a native English speaker, can I use the pronunciation trainers?
- Should I focus solely on pronunciation and then move onto vocabulary?
- See all 20 articles
Fluent Forever Word Lists - FAQs
- Can I use my old word list with the new app?
- When is the best time to start my own cards for vocabulary?
- Am I supposed to remember every word of the fill-in-the-blank I used when I created the card?
- What’s with the northern and southern versions in the Latin American Spanish word list?
- How can I save multisearch shortcuts on a computer?
- What settings should I use for my Anki decks?
- See all 31 articles
Our most frequently asked questions, answered.
The languages currently available in the Fluent Forever App are: Spanish (Latin American & Castilian) French Italian Russian German Portuguese (Brazilian) Korean Japanese Following that, we're working on perfecting and releasing: Man...
While we provide guidance on what tasks you can complete daily on the Home screen of the app, if you are looking for some additional pointers on what to do on a day by day basis, you've come to the right place! If you’re an Intermedia...
If you have purchased a subscription for the Fluent Forever app and are wondering what our cancellation policy is, you've come to the right place! In this article, you'll find all you need to know about our policy and what steps you'll n...
We are always looking to squash new bugs as soon as we can, and we really appreciate your help in reporting any bugs you encounter. There are so many different phones, settings, and operating systems, so it is practically impossible for...